Rotted Wood Replacement
Michigan rotted wood replacement makes up 30% of the work The Exterior Painters does. We all know the key to painting is the prep work, that’s why we replace all of your rotted wood, trim, & siding prior to applying any paint.
Some property owners seek to minimize their expense by holding off on carpentry replacement and instead settle for low cost painters because they do not include wood replacement or repairs in their price and choose to caulk, patch and paint over rotted wood. You may think you’re saving money now, but it actually costs less in the long run to make the needed repairs to your rotted siding & trim before painting begins. We would rather see homeowners not paint their homes at all than to paint over rotted wood. Doing so is literally like burning a pile of one-hundred dollar bills.
Our carpenters are ready to repair or replace any damaged, rotted or missing components on your exterior.
Whether it is a few boards here and there or replacing entire walls, we have experienced crews to handle your wood replacement needs. We are happy to do a thorough inspection of your property and present you with a proposal for the work that you need to bring your exterior back to a condition you will be proud of.
We replace wood surfaces including but not limited to: Siding, Trim, Fascia, Soffits, Window sills, Brick molding, & Garage door weather strips.
In Michigan, rotted wood, trim, and siding can be a common problem on the exterior of your home or business. Michigan weather from our blazing hot, high humidity summers to our frigid, artic cold winters can cause severe damage to your wood prematurely, compromising your wood both cosmetically and structurally.
We at The Exterior Painters have experienced carpenters, you do not need to hire a separate carpentry contractor. You can hire The Exterior Painters to do the entire job from rotted wood replacement to exterior painting.
- Smooth & rough sawn
- Spruce & cedar
- 1” x 4”, 1” x 6”, 1” x 8”, 1” x 10”, 1” x 12” in random lengths
Cedar Texture Panel & Rough Sawn Spruce
- Cedar texture panel 4” & 8” on-center reveal
- Cedar texture panel reverse board & batten 12” on-center
- Engineered panels & spruce panels
- 8’, 9’, & 10’ sheets available on select styles
Treated Exterior Composite Trim
Made from the patented TEC™ process, MiraTEC® Treated Exterior Composite trim combines the eye-catching beauty of cedar with the long-lasting performance of an engineered product. Because it is not hardboard, MiraTEC trim will not delaminate, is moisture, rot and termite resistant, and is backed by a 50-year limited warranty.
- 1” x 4”, 1” x 6”, 1” x 8”, 1” x 10”, 1” x 12” in 16 foot lengths
Stucco Panel Siding
- The remarkably detailed soft, earthy, hand-troweled effect of stucco on a panel
- Deeply textured and varied from board to board
- Treated engineered wood fiber substrate
- 8’, 9’, & 10’ sheets available
- Engineered wood lap siding mini profiles, widths and lengths
- Cedar wood lap siding mini profiles, widths and lengths
- Fiber cement lap siding mini profiles, widths and lengths